Ruin Velenický hrádek

Velenicky hradek is a castle ruin set at the Velenice’s outskirts on the Zamecky hill. Velenicky hradek, called also the Velenicky castle or Strahov, has been built at the beginning of 14th century in order of the far-famed family of burglarious knights, the Pancirs. The history is not fully clear. The first alternative tells about a large fire in the end of 14th century, the second one assigns the destruction to the Swedish army in 1639.